Here’s what’s happening this week at our Spring Celebration! We are excited to begin our Celebration at 10am in the Sanctuary! All members, families and friends are welcome to enter through the main doors of the church.
A few quick reminders...
- As hard as it may be, please say a quick “good-bye” to your Pokemon cards and weapons before leaving home. Tell them “you will spend quality time with them when you return home!” If the Pokemon cards and weapons are dying to come with you, and you just don’t have the heart to leave them home, then please leave them in your car until the activity is over. Thank you for your attention to this!
- Please remember that we are not allowed to have food or drink in the Sanctuary.
- The kitchen, nursery and all classrooms will be closed. Please plan accordingly.
- The festivities will end around 2:30.
- Anyone wishing to help one more time with some vacuuming or toilet scrubbing are welcome to begin at 2:30. We will be vacuuming the Sanctuary, entryway, hallways, and fellowship hall as well as cleaning the women’s, men’s and family bathrooms.
- Schedule of events
- Talent Show
- Picnic - it looks to be a perfect day, so remember your sunscreen!
- Because we are having a spring picnic, you are invited to bring your cold sack lunch void of peanuts, tree nuts and popcorn as if you were attending an old fashioned picnic!
- Bring your own lawn/camp chairs, and/or blankets to sit on.
- We will be holding the picnic on the grassy area on the North side of the church.
- Celebration activities
- Bounce Houses
- There will be 2 different bounce houses set up outside on the North side of the building.
- In order to jump, all participants must wear socks and sign a waiver releasing liability of injury and will be given a bracelet to wear. This will be inside before the talent show or outside before entering the bounce houses.
- Children 5 and under are invited to jump in the hot air balloon bounce house.
- All children are invited to play in the obstacle course bounce combo at parent and monitor discretion.
- Thank you for reminding all children that no food, gum, candy, or drinks will be allowed in either bounce house.
- There are going to be some fun lawn games provided by Jessi Walters and Julia Kercher! Thank you ladies for your expertise and amazing games!
- Balloon animals
- We are excited to welcome Faye Eliker who will be providing fun balloon animals!
- Face Painting
- Stop by the face painting table for an array of designs provided by Susan Karre and family!
- Free Will Donation
- Oak Lake Church has opened their doors to us free of charge! We are so blessed to have a large facility to use each week! There will be a Free Will donation jar located by the Sanctuary doors where, if you feel led, you can show your appreciation to the church by making a donation.
- Student Showcase/Slide Presentation
- Student Showcase will be found in the Fellowship Hall! Tables will be labeled by class with student name tags available to place near your display. Please arrive by 9:45 to allow for time to set up your display and meet in the Sanctuary.
- Classes with displays:
- Art Around the World (any art projects)
- Art with the Artists (any art projects)
- Aimee’s Doll Apron Smocking
- Simple Smocked Pillow
- Smocked Baby Bonnet
- Journey to the Top of the World (books)
- Wild Hands Alphabet Book (books)
- Nature Journaling
- Bob Ross Joy of Painting (any paintings)
- Oral Communications Part 2 (History Fair presentations)
- All About Me (Human bodies)
- Exploring Creation with Zoology 3 (dioramas and books)
- American Girl
- Slide Presentation will be part of the Student Showcase!
- If you would like a copy of the slide presentation, Jenni will have her computer available for downloads on our first park day, May 19th! Remember to bring your flash drive with you!
- Announcements from teachers
- DANCE CLASSES!!!
Beginning Ballet girls please come @ 9:30 AM dressed in their light pink leotards/skirts & pink or white tights, & Creative Movement kids please come by 9:45 AM dressed as you normally would for that class, to practice before hand. All students need to either wear socks or dance shoes. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica.
- DRAMA CLASSES!!!
Miss Jackie sent you all an email!
We are looking forward to a very fun 10 year celebration of Lincoln Friday Classes! See you Friday!
Love,Rhonda, Jenni, Meagan, Lorraine